Thursday 15 August 2013

A bit about me

Hey,

So I thought I would give this blogging thing a go, I have always wanted to blog but I guess I never really knew what to write or if my life was interesting enough. Well my name is Chloe Patterson and I'm 19 years old, I am a fun easygoing kind of girl and love spending all my time with my family and friends. I love arty things like cartoon drawing, my real passion is making cakes especially cupcakes its just so fun. I believe in living life to the fullest and live everyday like its your last you will understand why later.

I choose to start blogging about my life as its not like any normal 19 year olds, see I suffer from this inherited illness called cystic fibrosis (CF) I was diagnosed at 9 weeks old so i have lived with it all my life. Daily treatments and numerous hospital stays for IV antibiotics are completely normal to me and became routine however I have choose to start blogging as last year my life changed and all the daily treatments and medications I take and IV antibiotics just weren't enough to keep my lungs in good enough condition and now I am currently on the list for a double lung transplant, I hope and pray each day that that all important phone call comes soon and I can go back to the fun, energetic and outgoing person I used to be, but most importantly to beable to breathe easy. 
                                          
I was referred to Freemans hospital in Newcastle in 2012 for a transplant assessment, you see it's not just a case of right she's not well let's list her and bam your on the list ! I wish it was. Firstly you have to go through tests to make sure you are not only I'll enough to need a transplant but also well enough to undergo the surgery it's a fine line however after a week in Newcastle back in march 2013 I got the amazing news that I was going on the list for a double lung transplant, it was an emotional week but I had the amazing support of my family and friends. 

So this is just a brief insight to my life I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and following my roads to transplant and also learning about cystic fibrosis :) 

1 comment: