Wednesday 25 September 2013

Time for a new hobby ?

I need a new hobby, something to focus on, something to keep me busy ! You see recently all I seem to be thinking about is transplant or anything that has to do with transplant or just CF in general and I can quite safely say it's driving me insane.

It's my own fault really but I have been following a few different transplant stories online like on Facebook and twitter and some people have created a blog just like I have. I love to hear the success stories that really makes me happy but some of them have not been so successful and I know I should just stop reading but I can't bring myself to stop it's like an addiction, I NEED to keep reading, I just need to know the ending whether that be good or bad !

When I went for my transplant assessment back in march I was well warned that this was a huge deal and my life would change dramatically even after transplant I could hit many hurdles, in my head I was thinking yeah okay that's fine as I can't go on living like this so how bad can "hurdles" be ? Well reading some of these stories it turns out they can be really bad. It's starting to scare me I need to learn to not read the bad but only the good I don't know why I feel the need to torture myself like this I guess I am just to nosey for my own good, not a good trait to have I am learning.

In other news I am getting home on Friday yep HOME I can't wait I have been here for 3 weeks too long this time and some time at home is much needed like I said I am about to go insane so a wee bit of normality will do me the world of good and hopefully I get to stay out for a while I am aiming for a week and then we shall see how I go, day at a time with me these days but hey ho I'm not complaining not one bit ! I think we finally have the sickness under control too it looks like it was the increased dose of my MST so that has been lowered which is also good for making me less drowsy so I am feeling a bit more human again thank god !

Friday seems so far away just now !

No comments:

Post a Comment